A Russian citizen can still obtain Portuguese citizenship in 2023 year, but it all depends on the specific circumstances and requirements in specific cases.
There are several ways to obtain a coveted passport for a Russian citizen. Portuguese citizenship is not issued for investment, but you can take part in the program «golden visa», and then apply for permanent residence and citizenship.
Benefits of Portuguese citizenship
- Access to the European Union. Portugal is a member of the European Union, which means, that its citizens have the right to live freely, work and travel within the EU.
- Visa-free regime. Portuguese citizens have visa-free access to more than 160 countries, including the United States, Canada and Australia.
- The quality of life. The country is known for its mild climate., beautiful beaches and high quality of life. It is also home to a rich cultural heritage and excellent health and education systems..
- Lifestyle. Relaxed here, laid-back lifestyle, what makes the place attractive to those, who wants to escape from the fast paced pace of life in urban areas.
- tax incentives. Portugal offers tax incentives for pensioners, including exemption from taxes on pension income from abroad. The country also has a favorable tax regime for wealthy individuals..
- Double citizenship. Dual citizenship is allowed in the state, which means, that you can keep your current citizenship, while becoming a Portuguese citizen.
- Strong economy. The country has a stable and growing economy, so she's attractive, work and investment.
- Security. Portugal is a safe country with a low crime rate and a stable political environment.
Thus, obtaining a Portuguese passport can provide many benefits. Do you want to retire, start a business or just enjoy a better life – Portuguese indigenat can be a great option.
Disadvantages of Portuguese citizenship
Although Portuguese citizenship has many advantages, it also has some drawbacks, including:
- Price. Obtaining citizenship through investment is an expensive process, requiring a significant investment of at least 500 000 euros. Moreover, investors apply for residency, but getting a passport is not guaranteed for them.
- Residence permit requirements. Must have resided permanently in the country for at least six years before applying. And maintain a legal residence permit for five years, before applying for permanent residence.
- Language Requirements. To become a citizen you will need to pass a language test, demonstrating knowledge of the Portuguese language.
- Bureaucracy. The process of obtaining citizenship can be lengthy and bureaucratic, requiring patience and perseverance. Legal and administrative procedures are often complex and time-consuming. Also, the process can be changed in government regulations..
Consider these factors when making your decision.
Is it possible to get a passport of a citizen of Portugal without investment
You can get Portuguese citizenship without investment. There are several ways, including:
- Marriage. If you are married to a Portuguese citizen, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after three years of legal residence in the country.
- Origin. With Portuguese ancestors, can apply for citizenship by descent.
- Naturalization. If you have lived in Portugal for a certain period of time (usually from 5 to 6 years), you can apply for naturalization and get Portuguese citizenship. You will need to meet certain residency requirements, language and culture. It's a long way: it begins with the entry into the country on a tourist, work or residence visa, followed by obtaining a residence permit, then registration of permanent residence and only then can you apply for an application for citizenship.
- Adoption. It is possible to apply for citizenship in case of adoption of a Portuguese child.
If you wish to acquire Portuguese citizenship, We recommend that you seek professional legal advice.. Command «And Now Pleasure» happy to recommend experts in this matter. Our advice has already been used Marina and Valeria are a married couple from Moscow.
Comparison of citizenship of Portugal with citizenship of other EU countries
Requirements for obtaining citizenship in other EU countries may differ from Portuguese. For example, in Ireland, UK and Germany, citizenship can be obtained by birth in the territory of the country. And in France, it can only be obtained by a combination of birth and residence permit..
The process of obtaining citizenship in Portugal for the most part corresponds to the processes of other EU countries. But laws and regulations on dual nationality, may vary from country to country. For example, some countries have stricter residency requirements. And in other states, a high level of national language proficiency may be required.
Upon obtaining a passport of any country of the European Union, you have the right to live and work freely in any EU member state. For a more detailed comparison, it is best to familiarize yourself with the specific laws and regulations of the countries in question..